Acuity Process Solutions is proud to introduce Fluidline Technology’s new line of bleed valves.
Our Bleed Valve family of products provides a greater flow rate than the Vent Valves, and is available in more configurations: Inline, Angle, and Zero Static Tees. These valves are traditionally used to take a larger size fluid sample. They can be fitted on pumps to be used as casing drains and fitted in most transfer panels as “Safety Caps” to prevent accidents when jumpers are realigned.
Our Bleed Valves have an inlet orifice size of .187″ diameter and are available in a large variety of inlet connections. Both the Inline and the Angle style valves can be configured with a concentric or eccentric arrangement. All of the Bleed Valves are manufactured of 316L stainless steel, but are also available in corrosive resistant materials such as C-22, C-276 and AL6XN with different surface finishes.
Our Bleed Valves can be fitted with an optional stem that allows the use of an elastomeric tip seal. This option, when combined with our newly developed
Submersible Handle, allows the user to expose the valve assembly to the most severe washing procedures and autoclave cycles. There are a number of different elastomeric materials available, each suited for the intended use of the valve. All
of these elastomeric materials comply with USP Class VI and meet FDA CFR 177.2600 of Title 21.
The complete family of Bleed Valves is available in five different handle types: Solid Handle, Snap-On Handle, Submersible Handle, and Toggle Handle in both safety and non-safety options. Our handle types are available in seven different colors in order to code different locations or certain preventative maintenance cycles.
Some of the benefits and features of the family of Bleed Valves include: absolute minimum dead leg; non-rotating stem (for extended seal life); quick assembly-disassembly (minimal maintenance time); largest combination of inlet, outlet, stem and handle options; handle locking screws (assures that handle will not come loose from valve body for safety); and fully autoclavable (valve can be sterilized as a complete assembly).
- All Fluid Line valves are fully customizable to suit individual customer’s needs.
- Bleed and Sample valves have a steam in place (SIP) design option. Standard ¼” steam ports can be added to the body. The elastomer tip design is screwed directly in the stem to hold the tip in place when steam cleaning applications are required.
- All valves are designed to have minimum dead leg in the closed position. Each valve will have only a drop of fluid remaining internally; depending on the fluid’s viscosity and surface tension rating.
- Bleed and Sample valves have an optional 45-degree bend in their outlets, either to the handle or to the clamp. This is to optimize sampling on tanks, vessels, bioreactor jackets, draining distribution panels, or ergonomic point of use sampling.
- All seal materials are USP CLASS VI compliant; KAltraz, EPDM, Viton, TFM and Red and Clear Silicone are available upon request.
- Broad availability on material of construction; Stainless Steel T316L, AL6XN, Hastelloy C-22 and C276.
- We offer 7 different handle colors on all our valves for easy identification during periodic system cleaning or flushing, use in hazardous lines, or preventative maintenance replacement cycles. All Fluid Line handle styles are interchangeable in order to meet changing customer needs.
- Submersible handles are offered for the entire valve to be submersed for cleaning. This saves time and labor by avoiding disassembly, allowing for bulk cleaning, and quick reassembly of production lines.
- Toggle and Toggle Safety handles offer the convenience to sample “as needed”. Toggle handles have a quick fully-open and fully-closed handle with the ability stay open as needed. Toggle Safety handles have the same quick design features, except that the valve is forced closed as soon as the handle is released.
- Snap handles are a low cost alternative employing a quickly removable, three piece design. They are intended for general use with a 12-18 months preventative maintenance cycle.
Blogs & case studies related to single use products
Fluid Line Technology – From Concept to Reality Partnering with the right manufacturer can have…
For Immediate Release Acuity Process Solutions in North Attleboro Massachusetts is pleased to announce that…